Saturday, March 22, 2008

A Shinigami walks into a bar...

I started reading the Death Note manga the other day. Spoilarz below.

-----

I want to like Light. I really do. He's such a genius, especially putting the piece of the notebook in his watch. His schemes can sometimes be a bit hard to follow, and I was a little confused when they flashed back to show Light setting everything up before going into jail. All in all, the translation is excellent (no incidents here XD) and it's a great story. I just have to get ahold of volumes 10 and 11 and then my collection shall be complete... *evil laughter*

I think the reason that I like (or at least want to like) Light so much is that his actions early on really hit home. Using the Death Note to kill criminals sounds _exactly_ like something I'd do. Only I'd be more ironic. And I'd probably end up messing up and getting caught. I'm a terrible liar. XD

I also identify with Misa a bit. It's all to easy to get caught up in the whole "me too" thing.

(Observation: "me too" is one space and one letter away from "metool".)

I really like how by about halfway through the series that Light is simultaneously L, Kira and Light. Must be a real expletive to keep his stories straight.

I think that's what I like most about Death Note: the way Light leads a double/triple/quadruple (if you count Watari) life. I think we all have a bit of that in our lives. Heck, I've got three lives just for the intarwebz.

Then again, maybe I'm just a freak.

Probably the second.

No comments: